App Inventor 2.0
This page has links to the App Inventor 2.0 Resources to get us started. (some local copies and alternative links)
- TalkToMe Text-to-Speech App – PDF Instructions (Video)
- Extended TalkToMe App: Shake! - PDF Instructions (Video)
- BallBounce Game App - PDF Instructions (Video)
- DigitalDoodle Drawing App - PDF Instructions (Video)
Class work Projects:
II. Pages of more Fun Tutorials to Try here:
- MApp Inventor 2 Tutorials instructions similar to those in the Hour of Code Tutorials above, lots of good one’s like Space Invaders, Photo Booth, Where’s my Car? & Mini Golf
- Intermediate Video Tutorials similar projects with video instructions, below are links to their text instructions:
- – Presidents’ Quiz (PDF Instructions / Video Steps) – More Lists!!
- – The Stock Market App (Text Instructions / Video Steps)
- – Broadcast Hub (Text Instructions / Video Steps are missing currently )
- App Inventor 2 BOOK instructions by Chapter – has several great projects among its chapters!
III. Key Lessons:
- App Inventor Procedures:
App Inventor Chapter on Procedures - Version 2.0 has separate “do” & “result” procedures – if you need to do some steps to produce a result, you need to add a “do result” block, under Control blocks, to your “result” procedure.
App Inventor Chapter on Procedures - Older Version 1, for reference.
- Creating Multiple Screens for your App – Two Approaches (passing data between Screens added)
- Check out these new Youth Apps Tutorial Videos from the Technology Alliance: here
IV. App Inventor Book OnLine (new version) more sample projects to try
V. Additional Resources:
- App Inventor 2.0 Guide
- BOOK: App Inventor 2: Create your own Android Apps
- Setting up your own Device to work with App Inventor
- Installing & Sharing Your App (not too complete)
- Multiple Screens & TinyDB Project – Color Dots - Advanced & integrates useful concepts
- Democratizing Computing with App Inventor from GetMobile OCTOBER 2014 | Volume 18, Issue 4