Slick 2D Graphics Library
2D Java Game Library
“Slick2D is an easy to use set of tools and utilites wrapped around LWJGL OpenGL bindings to make 2D Java game development easier.” - Slick2D Website (Wiki pages) uses Light Weight Java Game Library – WJGL site .
Intro Presentation (PDF) by Dylan Swiggett
Setting up Slick2D in jGRASP
● You’ll need to have the Slick2D project downloaded and unzipped from http:
//slick.ninjacave.com/slick.zip (or the class website)
● Open jGRASP and open the menu
Settings -> PATH / CLASSPATH -> Workspace
● Under the PATHS tab, click New and add the slick folder.
● Under the CLASSPATHS tab, add the following files from slick/lib:
slick.jar, jinput.jar, lwjgl_util.jar, lwjgl.jar
Setting up Slick2D in Eclipse
● See the instructions at http://slick.ninjacave.com/wiki/index.php?
○ Look at the section titled Setting Up Slick2D and LWJGL in Eclipse
● jGRASP works fine, but I recommend learning Eclipse.