Youth Apps Challenge 2015
Congratulations to our 2016 Finalist Winners!!!
Submission Requirements: Students are required to post their work online themselves and provide links to this work to be submitted on or before Wednesday, April 27thto be entered.
- Each Team must fill out this Detailed Form with your App links and information: Word Doc / PDF
- Every Student must have both these documents completed and signed by parents/guardians before their name will be submitted: - Youth Apps Challenge Release Form completed and signed: PDF - SPS Photo/Video Release Form complete and signed. PDF [ Letter to Parents/Guardians ]
- Students must turn in all details for submission by Wednesday, April 27th. Submissions are made by Mr. Bergquist and are required to be in by Friday, April 29, 2015 at 5:00 pm PDT.
- Finalists will be announced by May 16th 2016.
- Finalists will be invited to present their apps at the Youth Apps Awards Ceremony and Showcase on Saturday June 4th (location TBD), where final winners will be announced.
Prizes!Prizes include tablets, t-shirts, and visits to cool technology companies
Submission Requirements: (Overview Sheet) There are two categories of entries for the Youth Apps Challenge: General and Technical. Student teams participating in the either Challenge must submit the following to be considered for an award (Full Details / General Entry Criteria)
- A presentation of their app (download template as a Microsoft PowerPoint file, “notes” sections have good details on what you need to include) Note: No Business Plan or Marketing required.
- Wireframe diagrams of the app’s core functionality (See Mr. Bergquist to get a Balsamiq account)
- A one-minute elevator pitch video
+ For entries to the Technical Category, students must also submit a fully functional mobile app, including the source code; detailed instructions are in Full Details, also check out the Technical Entry Criteria. Additional Resources and details:
- Garfield HS Questions: see Mr Bergquist in room 115a during lunch or stop by after school.
- Download the detailed Challenge Rules and Requirements.
- Form more details and contacts visit the Youth Apps Challenge page of the Technology Alliance website.
- Check out details from our Past Apps Club here.