Free Career Classes – Summer 2014
Free Career Summer School Classes!
For student attending a Seattle High School next school year – “rising” 9-12th, offered through our SPS Skills Centers. You can earn .5 credit! Two sessions of full day classes from June 23- July 11 and July 14 – July 31.
- Digital Animation & Game Design/Cyber Camp @ Academy of Interactive Entertainment - Seattle Center Armory
Introduction to Video Game Development and Game Art. Students interested in Video Game Design, Programming, or Game Art will learn skills and about the video game industry as a career. (Video)
- Introduction to Aerospace Science @ Rainier Beach High School
Intro to Aerospace Science will include: welding, soldering, drawing, riveting and forming metal. There is a strong emphasis on employability skills, professionalism and leadership skills.
- Introduction to Medical Careers @ West Seattle High School
Intro to Health Care offers a sampler of the training, field trips and lab activities for 9 – 11 grade students interested in Health and Medical professions and advanced Skills Center programs in Medical Careers and Medical Assisting. No pre-requisites.
- INTRO to Culinary Arts @ Roosevelt, Rainier Beach and Ballard High Schools
Intro to Culinary Arts offers a sampler of Culinary Arts/Chef Training, field trips and food preparation labs for 9 – 11 grade students interested in the hospitality industry and advance Culinary Arts in the Skills Center. No pre-requisites.
- Introduction to Engineering AND Introduction to Computer Applications, @ Roosevelt High School
- Introduction to Maritime, Computer Applications AND Family Health @ Ballard High School
AND Many others, see the application for the full list: Skills Center Summer Program 2014 Application Interested? Sign up as soon as possible!
More details on the full SPS Skills Centers Programs Here.
First come, first served. Click on the link below to get your application. Printed copies also available in room 115a and the counselling office.
You can also contact the SPS Skills Center at (206) 252-0730