Catch the falling objects
The purpose of this project is to get you familiar with conditionals and with random numbers. Help each other and have fun with it!
You will create a game in which objects fall from the top of the screen and you must catch them with a sprite controlled by the keyboard arrows. You may use any sprites for this — catch the falling apples with a basket, catch the asteroids with the alien…
When you click the green flag, the falling object should appear at the top of the screen (y position of 180) at a random x coordinate (between -240 and 240) and start falling and the score (a variable) should start at 0. See the screenshot from my game:
The left arrow key makes the catching object go left and the right arrow makes it go right. When the falling object touches the catching object, the score increases by one and the falling sprite goes back to the top at a random x coordinate.
When the y position of the falling object is less than -150, the game should stop.
Use this simple game to expand your Scratch knowledge. Here are some extensions to work on:
- The falling object changes its costume every time it “regenerates”
- The falling object falls at a random rate
- There are multiple falling objects
- The catching object is controlled with the mouse
- When the falling sprite(s) get below a y value of -150, display a “you lost” screen. You will need to look into broadcast.