Introduction to GridWorld
GridWorld is your AP case study. It’s a great opportunity to get familiar with a larger code base and see an example of well-designed object-oriented code at work. I hope you’ll have fun working with it, too!
Getting the files
Download a zip file of the Gridworld code.
Extract all the files from the Gridworld archive into your computer science folder.
You’ll need to add the Gridworld jar file to your CLASSPATH. Follow these images:
1) Create a new project
2) Right click on the project name in the package explorer
3) Click on ‘properties’ (very bottom option)
4) Click on ‘Java Build Path’
5) Click on ‘Add External JARs’
6) Find and add the GridWorld JAR
Spend some time answering the questions in the case study narrative. At this point, your goal should simply be to familiarize yourself with the GridWorld Environment.